The New Hospital Wing
When some doctors were told to contribute to the construction of a new wing at a hospital:
- the allergists voted to scratch it
- the dermatologists preferred no rash moves
- the gastroenterologists had a gut feeling about it
- the microsurgeons were thinking along the same vein
- the neurologists thought the administration "had a lot of nerve"
- the obstetricians stated they were labouring under a misconception
- the ophthalmologists considered the idea short-sighted
- the orthopaedists issued a joint resolution
- the parasitologists said, "Well, if you encyst"
- the pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!"
- the paediatricians said, "Grow up!"
- the proctologists said, "We are in arrears"
- the psychiatrists thought it was madness
- the surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing
- the radiologists could see right through it
- the internists thought it was a hard pill to swallow
- the plastic surgeons said, "This puts a whole new face on the matter"
- the podiatrists thought it was a big step forward
- the physiotherapists thought they were being manipulated
- the urologists felt the scheme wouldn't hold water
- the anaesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas
- the cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no
- and the otologists were deaf to the idea.
Needless to say, the idea of contributing to a new wing didn't fly!